on 23 June 2013
I was pretty excited about receiving this item as I've always liked to dock my phones. With the absence of charge points on the Q10 and no official docks I thought this one could fit the bill.

Now I will say that I have a dock very similar to this for my Nokia E7 which has been fantastic(see my other reviews) so I had realistic expectations for this item, or so I thought.

The dock itself is really rather light unlike the dock I mention above which was surprisingly weighty, it isn't the same as the second photo of the item description where it shows what appears to be a slot for charging a spare battery(the pic even shows contact points which really give this impression), it is instead just a piece of foam at the back, there is also a piece of foam on the bottom which I assume is meant to lift the device to align it with the charge point. The problem is it doesn't, or at least the one I received did not(no idea if they vary). To get the phone to connect to the charge point with the one I received was a very awkward business, I expected to drop the phone into the groove and carefully give a firm press to the left and slot it in, however in this case it was a very much two handed operation and required a good amount of twisting to get it plugged. Once the Q10 was plugged in the phone wasn't resting on the base at all, rather it was suspended by its charge point at an awkward lifted angle. Not did this make it unsightly, but I think it could potentially damage the micro-usb charge socket over time, especially with the awkwardness of getting it connected.

I didn't try any of the cables so can't comment on the issues of syncing with the computer as discussed by the other reviewer, by the time I'd fiddled around with the phone I'd already decided it has to go back so no point opening the other bags.

A real shame, I wanted to love this dock as it's the only one available for the Q10, but looks as though I'll have to stick with just propping the phone up and plugging it in with a standard cable, it's actually far less faff than using this dock.

[EDIT]Good news Q10 owners, there is now an alternative dock for the Q10, it isn't perfect as the phone rests sideways in the cradle, but it's 100% better than this one B00CS0NJ2G
5 people found this helpful