on 11 July 2012
I had high hopes for this NIC given the other reviews and the competitive price.

I bought from kikatech so this section may be slightly less relevant. Delivery was good, arrived in a couple of days and customer support got my refund back quickly and without hassle. Only reason I bought it from them is because its product price + shipping was the lowest online at the time.

Edimax's customer service, however, was less than impressive and it took me several attempts before I got a reply from them and even then they couldn't source my problem.

I tried installing the card to each PCIe slot and waggled the antennae about, installed the latest drivers from the edimax website and even moved my PC around to see if the steel chassis was messing the signal. Whatever I tried, the signal just wouldn't stay connected to my router and forget about 300mbps for the few seconds it did connect. I mean when you can't even open Google in the time it takes to lose the connection again you know something's going wrong.

Anyway I bought a TP Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter for a few more quid and I've had no problems with that. I don't see why companies can't just make products that fill out their basic primary functions in the first place without having to shell out for a replacement.
What's this?