on 1 June 2013
Ok, Life changing may sound extreme but its true...im more than happy to leave this review and I will explain why.

I have been going to the gym for about 12 months and when I say going to the gym i mean sometimes 4 times a week, sometimes 4 times a month, doing the same 3 set exercises and not making any gains....until I found this book!

Im 38 years old and when I looked at myself in the mirror I thought I looked ok but after looking at Joe's transformation i wanted to give this a go. I made a conscious decision that I would give this 12 week plan a really good go and see what I could do. I took a 'before' photo and it was only then I realised how bad I looked. Trust me... Mirrors lie, photo's don't !!

I took the time to read the book, ordered some supplements and told people what I was doing...a few people laughed and said good luck on that, I bet it doesn't last etc... Which only made me more determined.

For me,the fact that I was following a plan every time i went in the gym just worked... One of the most important factors i took from this book was technique when lifting, focusing on this rather than how much you can lift..which is what the majority of people seemed to be doing in my gym.
The exercises take you through different cycles focusing on variation of reps, weights, supersets etc.. All of which are key to keeping your body guessing and maximising gains.

For me the toughest part of this book was not the workouts,but the discipline in the kitchen. I really struggled trying to keep my protein intake at the max level of 4g per kilo of body weight and early on I wasn't even making the min 2g...it was only after week 8 I managed to find the right meal plans to achieve this. For the last 4 weeks i hit a min of 3g each day and I can honestly say this made a huge difference.
For a relatively new gym goer, with 2 young children i really had to plan my meals and stop eating my kids food. Not easy but if you want it bad enough you will do it.

I finished the 12 week plan 4 weeks ago and I am a completely different man now because of it. Not just in terms of how I look, but how I now view my diet, exercise and life in general.

I didn't really do the HIIT training to lose my stubborn belly fat ( which i really wish i did) I didn't really carb cycle, I had 4 nights out in the 12 weeks which were already planned in my diary which is some feat in itself if you knew me pre 12week plan. But overall i gave this a really good go and you can see my results on twitter if you so wish @bodieman

Since this book i have followed Nick and Joe as well as many other experts in the industry, I've asked questions, I've challenged and i am now following a different plan and will be waiting in anticipation for the 6wbp which is coming out soon. I am now fully dedicated to the gym, I eat healthy as do my family, I feel a million times better than I did before and I can't keep count of the amount of people who have stopped me and made comments. Some of my friends thought I'd photo shopped my 'after' photo's which says it all. I am 40 in 14 months time and I can't wait to take another photo on my birthday as I know it will be fantastic.

I did not end up looking like Joe BUT I started off at a much worse place. I started off at 25% body fat and ended up at 15% and I was thrilled with the results.

I see fitness experts offering 12 week plans for anything up to £300. This book is £8 and if you are committed to making a change this will be the best book you will ever buy.

Good luck !!!!
55 Comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?