on March 4, 2013
I'm a very experienced bread baker so learned very little from this book but I like the large physical format.

The only irritation was that it wasn't always straightforward to find the recipe to which the text was referring. Also, the recipes are geared for a very small amount of ingredients, when I make bread I want to produce a lot so that I can freeze it. It's eaten daily and while we enjoy variety I don't want to bake every day.

I used one of the recipes and was pleased with it, I especially like the instructions about baking in a 'Dutch oven' but since I don't possess one I had to use something else and even then could only make one loaf at a time. Frustrating!.

Still, no bread book is perfect, in my opinion. It will join many others on my shelves and I'll return to baking my own way.

Even so, I'd recommend it.
11 comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?