on 18 March 2006
I have been studying Japanese for almost two years now and although I had a Japanese grammar book already, written almost completely in Japanese, I decided to get a book that had English explanations.
I'm quite happy with this book and really glad the examples are not written entirely in romaji. Using it as a reference book, I find that sometimes it is difficult to find the topic I am looking for as the way the book is laid out is ... unconventional.
I have noticed that there a few typos. I've only read about 20 pages and have noticed 3-4 so far, maybe I'm just unlucky and the rest of the book doesn't contain any.
Overall a good book for the beginner and even the intermediate learner.
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?