on 16 February 2014
I've been a fan of Flynn for a long time and whilst i've never seen him live (lack of effort on my part, unless Johnny wants come hang out and play a small gig in suffolk!) I have listened to pretty much everything that he has released.

Country Mile is a great album, I would try and review it but really I'm not a music writer and with spotify (and other music providers) out there theres no real excuse for not listening before you buy.
I heard this on spotify (which i subscribe to) and really liked it so I purchased the vinyl with digital download (always nice to have something physical you can hold)

The vinyl itself is nicely put together with good art work and is also nice a heavy. Its not a packed as A Larum (but that may have been a ltd edition) though.
The pressing however wasn't up to much. after putting it on and walking off to make a coffee I came back to hear it skipping all over the place - i initially thought someone had been messing about with the weights on my player but it came down to the vinyl.
I've had to give it a solid clean 5 or 6 times (per side) just to clear some of the grooves. This may have been a vinyl that skipped quality control but is something that I havent had to ever do for a new vinyl.

now its ultra clean the music is great and the quality is also fantastic.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink