on 15 July 2014
I first saw this phone and the 1320 at an exhibition in the UAE back in October last year. I fell in love with it immediately.

This is the best phone ive ever owned by a mile and is the phone i have been waiting for.. almost forever.

Beautiful crystal clear screen, terrific 20mp camera with Carl Zeiss lens (Camera not quite as good as the Lumia 1020, but better than everything else), very good battery life and housed in a very slim stylish body. The phone has 32gb of storage, goes a long way, but i have installed a Sandisk 128gb Microsdxc card in mine, so i can keep all my music separate and leave plenty of space for apps and video. It also includes Office 2013 for those of us who have to do some light work whilst on the go.

I'm running Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview on my 1520 until its properly available in the UK. Its working like a charm. 8.1 has so many improvements over 8.0, i couldnt go back to 8.0 now. The only drawback with the Dev Preview is I am currently having to set my region to US so i can use Cortana (digital assistant). Shes excellent and i use her daily for reminders, traffic news, finding stuff, identifying music (who needs shazam?). Shes fully integrated with Bing and it just works excellently.. Im also having fun with general chit chat/jokes with Cortana - these havent grown tiresome yet. The Dev Preview also gives you access to the excellent Remote Desktop app in the store so you can remotely admin your other Windows devices from your phone, must have for me.

I have more apps than i can use and then some. I've got every app i need and every app i want except for two...

Sky TV - I have the Sky everything.. but ive reached the point where i am going to can them as im frustrated with them in general. No app just seals the deal.

Amazon Prime Instant Video - Get your finger out Amazon.. you keep sending me emails, inserting flyers for me to subscribe... well im ready but i need WP8.1 and Windows 8.1 app and i'll subscribe immediately. I already have Netflix, dont you want my cash?

I have Windows 8.1 desktop PC's at home and Surface tablets, everything all works together perfectly, all neatly integrated into Microsofts excellent cloud services with a modern intuitive user interface. Just like the advert says.. you get the same experience on every device. Since i switched away from using Google, I am now living a life with far less ads and without being tracked, datamined and monetised by the Google mothership.

If you are thinking about buying this phone, don't think... just do it. You won't be disappointed.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?