on April 5, 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for my Mum, as she loves ballet and particularly likes Darcey Bussell. My parents tried to watch it, but gave up after 30 minutes, as the lighting was so dim they literally couldn't see what was happening. According to my Dad, the dancers dressed in black were practically invisible at times.

I've since found quite a few clips online and I can see what they mean. Obviously, some of the scenes were meant to be taking place outside on a winter evening, but surely there are ways of creating an impression of that with stage lighting? I also thought some of the direction of the piece was simply dreadful; the opening scene for example, looking in through a window, doesn't work at all.

What I saw of the dancing looked amazing, it's just a shame that it wasn't shown off in the best light.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?