Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 31 October 2013
After reading Scarrows first book at an early age I've been a long term fan of his work and even recently attending one of his book signings in Sheffield to meet the man himself. Although the Blood Crows is an decent addition to the Cato and Macro series I can't help but believe that if this was a stand alone book or published under a pen name it would not get the same praise.

The story took a fair while to get under way; almost half of the book and the rest of the story is predictable based upon previous editions to the series. There were few opportunities where our beloved characters have the opportunity to demonstrate the reasons why we love them, I didn't feel the same attachment to Cato and Macro in The Blood Crows as I have in previous titles by Scarrow. After finishing the book I was left disappointed and feel as though it was nothing but a stepping stone to set the scene for the next book in which I'm scared the story is just simply going to take a big loop back to the beginning of the series.

Although after all of my comments The Blood Crows is still a welcome sight on my book shelf and I give it 3 out of 5 stars as part of a great series I have followed for many years.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?