Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 April 2014
Style Name: Standard|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is my first GPS so have no comparable models, what you have is a first time user review.

First impression are a bit of a wow, it looks quality and feels very well made.

I wanted one for two mains reasons, I have a friend who runs around the Snowdonia mountains, competes in the 7 peaks race, and is often running where there are no road signs. I’ve started to join him in some of the less challenging runs and thought the Garmin GPS would add some fun and allow a bit more exploring.

The other reason I wanted one is Geocaching, I live in the Conwy valleys and it is a fairly big thing around here. I have friends who rave about it, tell me how much fun it is and I thought I’m missing out on something. I’m sure you all know what Geocaching is but just in case here is a brief insight.

Geocaching is an outdoor adventure which is aimed at the whole family.
It’s a treasure hunt for the digital generation, where you can enjoy the freedom of being outside and discovering new places. All you need is a handheld GPS and a sense of fun.
A geocache or ‘cache’ is a small waterproof treasure box hidden outdoors. Geocachers seek out these hidden goodies guided by a GPS enabled device which uses coordinates, or ‘waypoints’. Lots of websites have info about it.

It has taken me some time to understand the GPS, I’m unfamiliar with lots of the terms but have enjoyed the learning experience, once I had got going for me its brilliant. I have taken it with me on the runs which lets me know what to expect, Its not helped my running but does give me something else to do when I need an excuse to rest.

Where I have found it really works well is the Geocaching, I’ve now used it on three occasions and the last time I found the treasure half way up a mountain that would of stayed there for a very long time If it hadn't been for the Garmin.

The mapping is clear, easy to follow and a real joy to use, I was the envy of a group of Geocachers that I bumped in to, they thought it was outstanding in build and design.

You also have the options of sharing your travels via social media, I enjoyed showing off my achievements.

This really is special, I love using it, it’s amazing how quick it locates your position, If I ever found my self in trouble on a mountain and need to know my position this would allow pin point accuracy. Love it.
What's this?