on 23 February 2012
I like to carry a camera and so bought the Canon case for my new S100, but have been very disappointed in this one. This case is a semi rigid leather and very well made, the problem is that it does not fit the camera very well and the latch is what can only be called poor.
The case. It is too tall for the S100 and the top cover is too wide by several mm, now this does not sound much but overall it gives a significant increase in size that you are aware of when sitting down and its on your waist.
The catch. In my first week of using I have had the case flip open and drop the camera onto my foot and then bounce onto a tiled floor, no damage done but it would have been different if my foot had not been in the way. The latch is a silent soft close type with two magnets underneath, there no positive direct magnet to magnet contact as used on handbags ect. and on my Ixus 950 Canon case. It is simply not trust worthy and is a poor design. I will modify it if I can and I am looking for another one but most seem to hold the camera on the vertical axis that I find uncomfortable.
22 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?