Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on October 5, 2011
First, let me say I am a 61-year-old American woman, probably not the typical viewer for this show. My family has never, ever heard me laugh the way I do when I watch Friday Night Dinner. I usually watch it in my bedroom, and once it starts, my husband peeks in the door and shakes his head hopelessly. My 21-year-old daughter inevitably comes and slams my bedroom door shut because, yes, I lose my ever loving mind laughing, and I am sure my neighbors can hear me. Humor is a highly individual thing; it's fascinating, really, to think about what makes someone guffaw and another person just smile. This show has hit my funny bone like nothing else ever has. I love The Office (British and American versions), but it doesn't make me laugh like this.

Every character in this program (or should I say "programme"?), is top notch. I have to say the mother is my favorite, though. She is right on point with her gestures and facial expressions. The father is a disgusting scream! The boys are so infantile and immature that they take me back to the days with my sisters and our irreverent humor. I never get tired of the "salt in the water" prank. I'd say the level of the humor is very low on the intelligence scale, which makes it all the more funny, for some reason. I think the success, though, is due to its character driven nature. I will dearly miss those characters when the show ends.

All I can say is, please, keep those episodes coming! I am sure that years have been added to my life with all the endorphins that squirt into my veins with every silly antic. British humor is definitely the best. And yes, it does transfer very well!
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?