on 25 September 2013
I read this book for my book club; otherwise, I would not have bothered finishing it. I could not believe it was set in current times. I cringed my way through the whole book, as the characters racist sexist and classist attitudes were offensive throughout. I live in a little village, and did not find this story in any way believable. Every character was an unrealistic stereotype. The attitudes reflect mindsets of about two generations ago and are at least fifty years out of date, and they were offensive then. Would you give this book to an Indian friend to read? I think not.
I did enjoy some of the writing style and think this writer might be capable of writing a good book if only her attitudes weren't stuck in the past and rooted in stereotyping.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details