on 26 September 2013
I hope it won't take another 15 years for Clannad to release a new album but this one was worth the waiting. I am from Germany and I don't speak Gaelic at all, so with the Gaelic songs I just listen to the sound and the voices of Moya and the rest of the band. I wish I could understand the lyrics.
The album offers a variety of tradtional arranged songs and new modern songs and this mixture is perfect. It's definately the "Clannad sound". Moya's voice is still as beautiful as it was when I first heard it in 1987.
Also the song "Brave Enough" with Duke Special is wonderful.
I just hope Clannad will do a tour in Germany next year, I'll be one of the first to buy tickets - no matter where they are going to play!

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that there is no booklet and no real jewel case. I would have loved a few more photos and maybe a few words from the band. But other than that the album is great.
0Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?