TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 June 2010
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm too young to have known Johnny Morris as a child; and my daughter is, perhaps, a little too young at two and a half, to appreciate these now.

So I don't share the nostalgia of older reviewers who find this title takes them back to their childhood. I enjoyed the tales and, of course, the life that Morris breathes into them. But my daughter shows no interest in them (yet?). I had the same problem trying to get her to like some of the 70s/80s tv shows that I liked as a kid; so perhaps it's a generational thing. Modern childrens media is so 'busy' that the quieter and more sedate approach of years gone by must seem a bit sleepy.

Of course, as of all the BBC recordings I've encountered, it's well produced and nicely presented. But as other reviewers have indicated, it could have done with a bit more to look at such as a pull out illustrated booklet or similar (as other titles I've got for my daughter have included).

Not bad; but viewed without the rose tinted glasses of the Johnny Morris generation, not all that fantastic either.
What's this?