on 5 July 2012
I only received the phone yesterday, but my first impressions are good. Compared to earlier Panasonic DECT phones, these handsets are surprisingly light and they are very comfortable to hold. The sound quality and the general build quality are also good.

Unlike many phones of this type, if you change something on one handset (such as the date/time), it is changed on all handsets. However, if you make a call from one handset, there is no record of the dialed number on other handsets, which is a bit frustrating if you want to redial but are using a different handset.

I have tried the caller blocking to reduce the PPI calls I have been receiving and the phone successfully blocked its first call today (you can see blocked calls in the caller list). It seems that you can only block 30 numbers, and you cannot block withheld numbers, but I think that the functionality will be sufficient for me.

I have also used the intercom feature, which allows you to talk to someone on another handset, and that seems to work fine too.

Still early days, and there are a lot of features that I haven't used yet, but I am happy so far.

UPDATE: It is now September 6th and I have had the phone for a couple of months. I am still pleased with the phone although I have realised that the call blocking function is actually severely hampered by the fact that you can only block 30 numbers.

I managed to fill the block list up within a month, just with the PPI call numbers, so I now regularly get calls that I can't block.

The blocking functionality works well, but the 30 number limit means that the implementation is quite severely flawed.

Still a good phone, but the call blocking feature was key for me, and now it is useless, so I am reducing my original 5 star rating down to 4 stars.

The only other niggle is that when calling a number for the phone book you have to, for no good reason, press the call button twice. Not a big deal, but a little frustrating.
77 Comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?