on 7 March 2013
I've now had the tablet for over two months and couldn't live without it (I use it a lot for serious work and study on the move). The S-Pen and its fantastic handwriting recognition are my favourite feature in combination with the Windows split screen: I have a PDF open in the Reader app on one side and the One Note app on the other to take notes using the S-pen rather than the keyboard (on-screen or docked). At the same time I can scribble on the PDF, so it is getting pretty close to "real" pen and paper work - which is great when I'm on the train. The wide screen format is perfect for note taking. And the battery life is simply amazing.

The onscreen keyboard can be set to full standard keyboard mode which is far more useful than the abbreviated keyboard set as default, but whenever possible I tend to use the S-pen input instead. I have had none of the keyboard docking problems some users report, but I don't use the keyboard all that often (however, when I do, I like it - it is nice and clicky rather than that horribly sponginess that seems to be the "fashion").

I did have problems to at first with the screen going black, and the tablet being unable to "wake up" from sleep - but these turned out to be software issues. I have had no problems since Samsung technical support reinstalled Windows and up-to-date drivers from scratch, with the added bonus that I got my tablet free from all pre-installed bloatware.

The other reviewers have already covered its good features and I agree with all of those. It boots up very quickly even after a complete shutdown, the touchscreen is nicely responsive without being too sensitive, the screen is bright and sharp, performance is adequate for my purposes, although for that price it could be a bit higher-powered - I'm developing a suspicion, though, that Windows 8 is not being quite as economical with resources as it is touted to be! The hard drive could be bigger for the price, but again for my purposes it is sufficient.
11 Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?