on 2 December 2011
I gave it one star to catch your eye.

Delivery was great - less than 48 hours from placing the order.

I have a 20 year-old house, a desktop with Windows 7, a laptop with Windows 7, and an xbox.

As usual with units like this, I followed the documented instructions diligently.

24 hours later, having gone through the manual, the web site and Google several times, I was no further forward and very frustrated.

PLUG AND PLAY 0 OUT OF 10 for me.

I'd rung the 'help' line four times. It kept saying "We appreciate your call, but we're all busy now. Why don't you go to our website. If you require immediate, over the phone assistance, please try again later"!!! That summed it up. No deal - just recorded messages each time.

ACCESS TO HELP LINE 0 OUT OF 10.

One final phone call before I returned them to Amazon. It was answered! And a young lady from Thailand or the Phillipines solved my problem with an undocumented fix!

HELP LINE PERSONNEL 10 OUT OF 10.

The solution
------------
You are provided with a utility program with the units. One of its functions is to do a factory reset on one of the devices. (This is as opposed to doing a physical reset directly on the device itself.) We did a computer-based reset on each unit in turn and, bingo! they became plug and play!

Edit 11 April 2012. Sorry the above might not be comprehensive, but see this from Comment 12 today.

I can't lay my hands on the disc or the manual at the moment (big mistake?), but I've just downloaded a copy of the user guide (...). As I said in my post, you must use the software provided on the disc which came with the units. Then I THINK that you use the RESET button on the MAIN tab. You must plug in the units one-at-a-time, and run the reset on each in turn. Then install both as per instructions. Mine have worked fine ever since.

Failing this it might be worth ringing the help line, but remember that (again, I think) they are based in the Phillipines, or somewhere, and only appear to work during normal hours over there.

I've had them for two years now (Nov 2013), and they perform perfectly.

PERFORMANCE WHEN INSTALLED 10 OUT OF 10.
3838 Comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?