Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on February 14, 2006
I found this book contained just about everything I needed to get going with Swing... I only had to go to the forums on one occasion regarding a problem (with applet images) that the book didn't warn me about.
All but two of the example programs compiled and ran ok. Is that acceptable or not?! - given that all the code you download from the website.
The only real downside of this book is that I think what I paid is a bit high - especially given there's no CD included.
And although the book may not be as classy as, say, the O'Reilly books, I found it easy to follow and very useful, with no messing about.
The book starts off very much at the shallow end, but for intermediate developers that serves as a good reminder of some of the basics and good practices. And it soon gets you in the thick of things telling you all the stuff you need to know.
I had a choice of three when deciding which Swing book to buy... and, in buying this book, I'm happy with my choice.
What's this?