on 19 June 2013
I strongly recommend this novel. I really do. Ever since I first read 'The Gathering Dark' (as I know it, and 'Shadow and Bone' as it is also called), I have been eagerly awaiting Bardugo's second novel in the series. I was not at all disappointed. It was devoured in two days. Unputdownable.

Everything wonderful about the first novel - the excitement, the twists, the emotion - is magnified in 'Siege and Storm'. I love how the characters develop and change, especially Alina as she struggles with all her new power. I love the new characters too - Nikolai, Tumar, Tolya and more. I love the play of power between Alina and the Darkling (who is, by the way, one of the best antagonists I have read in a long time). I might have felt a bit bad for Mal at times too, but mostly I thought he deserved to feel a little insecure after all those years Alina was invisibly in love with him.

There was not a single dull moment. Every little plot point has been well thought out and woven together. Bardugo is a wonderful writer. I will even say a faultless writer. This book is, in my mind, perfect and I cannot wait to read the next one! Especially considering the very teasing ending.

So I hope you will read this book and enjoy it.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink