on 15 May 2012
I have only been quilting for the the last couple of years and although I am fascinated by the history of quilting, I am not overly fond of busy quilts.
This book gives a short, one page introduction to the originals of each quilt pattern and details the various names by which you may have heard of the pattern.
Denyse then goes on to clearly explain how she interpreted the pattern to make the quilt as simply as possible. I think this is a lovely quilt book, in fact one I wish I had written myself. I mean that as a compliment.
I have not made any of the quilts and will revise my comments when I have. I awarded four stars, as I prefer a spiral bound book to lay flat and open beside my sewing machine.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?