I am living in the UK for 3 months, in a solid stone cottage, which is murder for wireless signals. There is only about one square metre in the house I can get a signal, so I thought I'd give this product a go, having read very good reviews about it.
Unfortunately it didn't improve my wireless signal enough to be workable. Having done some more research, it seems this is largely due to the construction of all the stone cottages around here (in terrace formation). So I can't really complain about the aerial on that basis - it's just not suited to my application.
In the end I bought a 10 metre USB extension cable, left the aerial in the 1 square metre where a signal exists, and run the cable from the aerial into the room where I wanted to use the computer.
My real gripe with this product is the driver/installation. To start with, the installation instructions don't tell you that you need to disable any existing wireless card first (which, in my book, is a big error in an instruction manual. Especially since you're unlikely to buy this product unless you've already tried a standard card - usually inbuilt - without success, so it follows that most people buying the product would already have a card installed).
Secondly, there's no real manual option for installing the driver. If you go to the manufacturer's website, the driver download is actually an exe installshield wizard, so you can't manually update the driver. Having an installshield exe to install your drivers is all great, until it isn't.
Thirdly, it seems to be a little bit flaky. Sometimes if I disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it, the wireless doesn't work. Sometimes if I disable the card in the device manager first, then disconnect it, it works ok when it's reconnected and re-enabled, but sometimes it's doesn't - sometimes the PC needs a restart to kick it back into gear.
Fourthly, I've had NO success getting it to work on my wife's laptop on Windows 7 (my laptop is running XP), using the Windows 7 driver from the manufacturer's website. The card is listed in the device manager, but is listed as 'cannot start'. As a result, the config utility that you can install with the driver, is unavailable, because it considers that the card 'does not exist'. I've done numerous installs trying different things, doing system restore each time, but still no luck. Strangely, the best success I've had is by NOT installing the driver. If I just plug the USB cable in without installing the driver, the card installs (but still says 'cannot start') and if I fiddle around with it - enable/disable/unplug/replug it will eventually come on okay and I can connect to the internet (but the connection is quite flaky). As soon as I install the proper driver, it's rendered "cannot connect" again, and no matter how much I fiddle around with it, it stays that way.
But, in the end, I now have a working internet connection on my laptop, which is good enough to make video Skype calls back to Australia from the UK. So, it's saved me in that respect, but it could be a lot better. I am also impressed with the suction cap - has been stuck to a window for a fortnight with the large, heavy aerial on it.