on 12 January 2013
I ordered this nearly three months ago, but decided to wait before posting a review. The main reason I bought it was because I was sick of paying exorbitant prices for ink cartridges the size of a matchbox, and had heard this printer was far more economical.

Well, it is. After frequent, daily use since the first day, I still haven't even replaced the (low capacity) cartridges which it was shipped with, let along try the high capacity Epson XL cartridges which I ordered at the same time.

The printer is very fast, even when powered-up from sleep mode, and reasonably quiet. Text quality is excellent, and graphics too. I use it for publication proofs to submit to clients and (after some tweaking) can get it to print proofs which are close to the final job. No, it's not a photo printer, but it's not far off. You may need to experiment with various settings, but when you get it right, the photos are pretty impressive (although you can see the dots if you look closely). I've used inkjet, premium gloss, matt (double sided) and bog-standard copier paper, and I've been pleased with the result on all of them. Envelopes too.

Copying is good too, but I have no need for the fax option and haven't tried it.

One slight niggle: if you let the printer decide for itself which tray to take the paper from (rear or below) it tends to use the option you last selected. So there have been a couple of occasions when I've printed a document all over a DL envelope (which is what I'd loaded into the rear tray). I suspect there's an easy way of avoiding this if I take the trouble to read the manual. And I haven't got the hang of printing on both sides (sometimes it worked, sometimes not), but again I expect this is more my fault. And it's not an option I need very often (it's just as easy to print one side, and then reload the paper for the other side).

And another drawback is the size; its desk-footprint is pretty massive. Mind you, it looks the business so I don't mind too much.

Unless things go pear-shaped sometime in the future, this is undoubtedly the best printer I've ever had, and ideal for a small business.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.