on 26 May 2010
I find this vacuum cleaner hopeless. I persuaded my wife that we should get this one having read all the positive reviews. However, using it for just cleaning loose fluff from carpets is back breaking and you have to repeatedly go over the spot. I think it has something to do with the turbine head. We have a dense white carpet in our bedroom and in the video you'll see how just picking up black fluff from woollen socks is a real effort. I think we'll be going back to the upright Dyson cleaner where the carpet beaters are belt driven rather than wind driven. We had 10 years good service from our old purple and green upright Dyson.

Don't get me wrong. If you have hard floors then this is probably the cleaner for you, albeit a bit pricier than other brands. There's no doubt it picks up tonnes of dust, the tub fills up very quickly. It's just using it to pick up fluff, cotton and hair from carpets that I find frustrating.

Hope this helps with your decision on whether or not to buy.

I've changed my rating from a 2 to a 4 because the new turbine head that Dyson sent me is still working fine. Their customer service is second to none.
55 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.