Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle The Grand Tour Prize Draw Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more

on 5 September 2013
My first acquaintance with WA was Argus, which I liked immediately, and which I still listen to now. Subsequently heard and acquired their 1st two albums and saw them live. Later albums I got to know in retrospect from the 90s onwards, and many of which I now have on CD, including some from when I saw them a few times in clubs around that time.
somehow I'd never seen or heard this one. But the reviews on Amazon got me interested, and via Allmusic I was able to see where it fitted in their musical catalogue.
So bought it on a whim and I like it. For me, it still has the guitarry prog-rock feel of the earlier albums, without being just the same, and quite different from some of the later ones, which, although still rock, are somehow smoother.
One of the distinctive sounds about the band was the use of two lead guitars, and this album still has that, albeit not the same pairing. But it works - if you like early WA, then I can think of no reason why you wouldn't like this.
What's this?