on 30 May 2009
'Driving Theory Quiz'
I purchased this book for my wife and having looked through it, I must admit that I found it a total confusion. There is far to much information for one person to mentally store. These kind of publications need to be informative without being dry and boring.
The dvd has an interactive quiz for 2-4 players, but even so contains some 1000+ questions. When I was a young man some 50 years ago, we studied the highway code did a driving test and answered half a dozen questions and that was it. These days the driving test seems to be computerization gone mad.
I still believe that there is no better way to learn than to be out on the road, observing the road signs as they appear, and acting upon them.

However my wife seems to find the book useful and appears to be absorbing the information at a great rate of knots. ( this is no doubt something to do with her being some 25 years younger than myself )

Age is very useful for recounting things that happened in the past, and for passing on knowledge learned early in life. However in my case it does not appear to be very useful when it comes to learning new things At least that is my opinion.
How do I rate the book? I will have to rate it as according to my wifes opinion. Thats what most men do anyway when asked their opinion, they say,
'Just a minute I'll ask the wife'
Anyway the wife says that the book and dvd deserve a 4 star rating.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?