on 4 January 2013
This was a great little purchase for my trip. It made the whole experience more enjoyable, and I found myself using it from the moment I arrived. It was really handy in the situations given, like in restaurants and in taxis and others, but more than that, it was great to be able to play with the language in it. Granted it was basic language, but that's exactly what I wanted for my holiday, and I enjoyed being able to speak without the book after a few days.

In response to someone saying that you can't make sentences with this book, actually the opposite was the case. I found that with this book I was able to get around even without the book after just a few days using it and learning the language from it. I really enjoyed the freedom it gave me to do what I wanted and get around by myself, as well as the great feeling of just being able to stand and converse a little bit in Chinese.

Would definitely recommend to travellers to China or those wanting to learn the basics of the language!
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?