Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

VINE VOICEon 15 February 2010
I am a certified trainer for both Influencer and Crucial Conversations. I like both and use both but Influencer is the most practical and provides a model that you can start using immediately.

I first became aware of VitalSmarts when my employer rolled out Crucial Conversations training programme. I became certified to deliver this class which involved reading the books and training materials. I felt this was over-complicated and although I found myself using the models and techniques more often it took effort.

I read Influencer and immediately I felt the model was simpler and more practical. I was able to take the 6 source model and implement it in business, it is also very adaptable and I am finding myself seeing ways in which I can use the model. It is also very straightforward to explain to others and get them interested to learn more or try the techniques.

As a consequence of reading and using the model I have since taken the Influencer training to become a certified trainer. The difference is that unlike Crucial Conversations, this was my decision.

This book is not a psychology book, but it does use research grounded in psychology to demonstrate and support the model. Reading this book will not make you a master negotiator or enable you to get what you want every time. It will give you a simple six source model that can be adapted and used with individuals, teams and organisations.
2 people found this helpful