Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

9 August 2015
Flaparaps are truly a marvellous invention. Since receiving ours a few weeks ago the baby-pottying has come on leaps and bounds because it's so much easier and quicker to offer the potty than when our seven-month old is wearing nappies. They also fit her long-ish, skinny-ish frame much better than any of the other nappies (both real and disposable) that we've used so she's almost completely free to move and clearly comfortable, whereas our washable nappies won't let her legs past ninety degrees!

As far as pottying goes, they do everything they're described as doing: easy to put on a held or tummy-timed baby, easy to undo for a potty stop, easy to wash... speaking of which, I have to admit to having had some trepidation about the arrival of solids but Flaparaps have surpassed all my expectations. Soon after receiving them our daughter's insides had a two-week disagreement with food and while it was messy inside when the worst happened, it was easy to deal with, we never had a leak and they're still as good as new!

But most of the time, they only have to deal with liquid. I can vouch for the pads being perfectly adequate to hold the single wee they're supposed to. In fact as our daughter is still small, the large pads will actually soak up more than one hit. The only time I had a problem was early on when I hadn't done the final 'tug' of fitting, so the pad wasn't held snug and we both got wet when she was lying sideways on my lap after a feed. One lives and learns.

My only slight concern would be that our seven month old (who is admittedly on the small side) is wearing the smallest size of belt on what I think is the smallest setting, so that's something to be aware of if your tot is properly titchy. I have no doubt that she'll be able to keep wearing them as long as she needs to though!

So if you're doing a bit of baby pottying but finding nappies get in the way, I'd seriously recommend giving these a go. I can see that they'd be extremely useful on a toddler going through potty training too. They're even better than the description suggests and will keep your small one comfortable and you relaxed for as long as it takes! Plus I'd recommend the Born Ready website (search for it) for everything you need to know about baby pottying.

[I'd like to point out that I am entirely independent of both Amazon and Born Ready and am not being paid or rewarded in any way to write this review. I merely believe that Flaparaps are an excellent product that really work and want to help get the word out!]
6 people found this helpful