2.0 out of 5 stars Great book treated badly., 16 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Universe (Hardcover)
This is a great book which I decided to purchase after borrowing it from the local library several times. Such a shame that it was bashed at the corners as it was packaged in a box which was far too large with inadequate protection. Would have sent back if it wasn't for the discounted price but not a happy customer all the same!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Mar 2013 22:52:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Mar 2013 22:55:34 GMT
CulMC says:
Damaged items have nothing to do with the book or it's contents. This is the despatchers/vendor's area you should be complaining in!!!!! I wish people like you would understand the difference!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2013 11:13:10 BDT
A. M says:
I agree. This should be removed as it unnecessarily brings down the rating of a good book

Posted on 2 Jul 2014 17:12:55 BDT
zx50 says:
No wonder this 'review' has received so many negative hits. Absolutely nothing about the book's content. I wouldn't be surprised if this reviewer purposely typed what they did because they wanted to see how many negative hits they could get, and also, how many negative comments they could get as well. I can't think of any other explanation as to why they would type what they typed.

Posted on 14 Dec 2014 00:27:34 GMT
Liz K says:
I think the writer didn't understand that they should have been reviewing the book not the delivery method. If a book arrives damaged Amazon will send a new book and you just return the damaged book within a time period - I think it's a month. You can even phone up to complain (yes, Amazon has a phone number! IE 0800 496 1081) and they are very helpful.

Posted on 17 Feb 2015 01:24:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Feb 2015 01:28:36 GMT
Mr says:
Actually I think it's vital to draw attention to poor dispatching. I would avoid like the plague an external seller with negative reviews about packaging. The reviewer opens with, "This is a great book", so all bases are squarely covered.

I always check the reviews of something I am looking at starting with the 1-star and work my way up. It's the negative reviews that tell me often what compromises have to be made on a purchase. This info in this review is right where I want it to be.

Even if this is an Amazon dispatch I want to know as I may consider buying elsewhere. Exactly the same happened with a purchase I recently made. Amazon have a poor rep for packaging computer internal hard drives. I spent ages online with two agents trying to get them to clarify they would put a note on my account. I was asking for adequate and extra packaging. The option I was strongly considering was buying locally at PC World.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2015 14:55:09 BDT
Captain Ham says:
You've missed the point completely...the book should be judged on its own merit, not the quality of the dispatch which has NOTHING to do with whether or not the book is worth buying.

I could elaborate even further but I fear it will completely lost on you, so I'll stop wasting my time here.

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 02:51:23 BDT
CheekyChappy says:
Packaging feedback can be left separately. On a review comment, the rating should represent the quality of the content and overall presentation of the book or item. Reviews like this are what brings Amazon down.

Posted on 11 Dec 2015 17:58:43 GMT
CulMC says:
Another idiot who comments in the wrong section! Amazon should teach them how and where to do it and if they continue, ban them from commenting!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›