on 21 December 2010
My existing version was due to expire, so I bought the 2011 version as I liked the product and had used it for the last 2 years.

Sadly, after using Webroot's own uninstall program prior to installing the 2011 version, I have been unable to use the 2011 version.

Like another reviewer, when I tried to install the 2011 program I kept getting the message: "a necessary file could not be located, setup cannot continue."

I rang Webroot's UK helpdesk and they said they would e-mail me a couple of programs to run that would clear up the problem. The problem arose, he said, because some elements of the old program hadn't been removed by the uninstall program. I duly ran the programs he sent but the problem remained. I then checked the FAQ section on the Webroot website and found a page devoted to the problem. I then tried every avenue they suggested, including rebooting in Safe Mode and running the clean-up software that way. The problem still remained.

I e-mailed Webroot again and asked for further advice. I am still waiting, a week later.

So if you plan to buy this product to renew your subscription, I recommend you don't bother. It's just not worth the hassle, or the lost money on a product you can't use.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details