on 27 September 2010
I absolutely love my kindle, I have far too many books taking up space and weight in my house and try to take a suitcase full whenever I go on holiday. No more!

Now, I just take my kindle. Which I've loaded with hundreds of FREE public domain books, wonderfully gotten either from Amazon or directed to sites that offer them. It's great, at first it took me a while to get used to it, trying to turn a page and realising I just needed to press a button.

But, now I absolutely love it, the best thing I have ever probably bought.

Plus: I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COST OF EBOOKS ON AMAZON!
Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Here's why:

Go to ANY other online book store and check out the prices of ebooks. Wow, they are expensive and I don't mean £4 for a book, I mean full hard back price, for books that have been out for ages.

Amazon is CHEAP! Comparative to a real life book in your hands, yes it is sometimes galling, but compared to every other shop out there trying to sell ebooks, Amazon = Thank you!

For example:

'The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest' Stieg Larsson. (fantastic books!)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy)
Amazon price: £2.68
Random House: £17
Barnes & Noble: £6.35
Waterstones: £5.59
Borders: £6.35
Whsmith: £3.20
Ebooks.com: £9.50

Yes, when you look at it like that and ACTUALLY compare prices, I can see why everyone considers Amazon to be so expensive. (Sarcasm)

Plus, think of the petrol or postage you save by downloading a book to you Kindle in all of 30 seconds! That alone makes it worthwhile to me.

The fact is, if you buy a book from a shop, you'll pay £7.99 for a paperback regardless these days. Anything less than that surely means it's a good price.

So, the cost of the kindle: £150 for the 3g version...with that, I could buy 18 books at normal retail price. Instead, I bought a kindle and downloaded Treasure Island, Frankenstein, War and Peace and about 200 other books for about £153. Hmmm, Kindle wins.
Now if only they'll start selling digital copies of manga...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.