on 9 January 2014
I purchased a Yongnou RF-602 kit several years ago and returned them as they wouldn't trigger my Bowens studio guns. These are superior as they work well both as shutter triggers and wirelessly fire my studio guns faultlessly. I have a Nikon D7100 and the cable supplied (N3) triggers the shutter without problems. I bought an extra shutter trigger cable (N1) to trigger my older Nikon D 200's and this too works well. I am pleased with my purchase as the units work well, are well made and are a fraction the cost of Pocket Wizards. Just one word of caution. When changing batteries make sure that you don't knock the little dip switches in the battery compartment or all of a sudden your units will not link together as these switches have to be the same on both units.

I ordered mine from a UK supplier at slight extra cost as I did not want to wait for the long delivery times quoted from China.

I am a professional photographer and try not to use cables either in studio or on location. I have for many years used a Kepcor infra-red flash trigger to trigger my Bowens Esprit studio guns and this normally works well. However, when taking portraits in studio the slight red glow from the trigger can sometimes be seen reflected in portrait subjects glasses. On location either outside or inside doing very large groups the infra-reds just don't work.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink