on 21 February 2012
I love James Corden! From his early beginnings in Teachers to the success of Gavin and Stacey, I am a fan of his work and he has always seemed like such a nice guy. I wanted to read his autobiography just to see if that was true or not.

I'm please, and relieved to say, that this seems to be the case. From the very start, James sets himself up as a normal guy. He's writing the book whilst his wife is in hospital after giving birth to their first baby and it takes a hardened case not to feel all misty eyed at the picture at the end of the book!

What I found so interesting about the book was that how much he had been trying to get into the acting industry and how difficult he had found it. Yet at the same time, he had been involved in some massively popular programmes, such as Teachers and Fat Friends, making himself a household face long before Gavin and Stacey. He writes honestly and describes the people he worked with with a great deal of respect and makes himself appear quite humble in comparison. I got the impression that even now, he finds himself wondering just how he became such a favourite.

Although he's only the same age as me, and in terms of acting careers is only really setting off now, he has experienced and achieved enough to fill a book and written in his easy, charming style, I found myself feeling as though I'd just been in a pub with him as he told me his life story.
What's this?