5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Tablet, 28 Feb. 2012
This review is from: TABTRONICS NEW M009S F1 NOW DUAL CORE 8GB 7" Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN now with DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE Dual Cameras HDMI
Ordered the tablet on Sunday evening, it was delivered by Tuesday morning!

Like alot of other people, was worried about buying a cheap tablet, but read all the reviews of the M009S and decided to take the plunge. What a brilliant surprise this tablet was!

I'm a massive android fan and have a top end android phone that i've rooted and spend alot of time messing about with custom ROM's and tweeking the OS (stick with me if i've lost you!), so i had quite high expectations to meet.

I was looking for a tablet primarily for the kids to play games on and watch movies, to stop them pinching my phone all the time! Well this tablet more than meets my expectations.

It has a good solid build quality, screen is bright and very responsive, running gingerbread no problem, App store works perfectly (no issues with downloading or installing any apps), BBC iplayer works well, brouser very quick and no problem with flash on websites, wireless connection is actually stronger than the one on my phone(!), can be tethered to a phone when out and about for internet access, movie playback is smooth and lag free, with the kids playing games it has lasted between 3 and 4 hours before needing charging.

Overall, massively impressed and more than worth the price. Highly recommended for a budget tablet.

UPDATE:

Since buying this tablet, i have upgraded the OS to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) which make the tablet even better!! Runs even more quickly and smoothly. I have just noticed that the new ones for sale now come with 8Gb of internal storage (mine only had 4Gb!) and ICS as standard which makes them an even better bargain!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Apr 2012, 09:20:11 BST
TABTRONICS M009S 8GB Capacitive...

Hi Twig Lord. I am in the process of downloading the ICS 4.0 OS for this tablet but it looks a little involved, I know a bit about pc's but I guess I just don't fancy being without this Item if I cock it up, I had to go without it last night as it had locked up and nothing I did would work I was pulling my hair out, anyway The bit that worries me is extracting the flash do I have to download that seperately, I have been to Tabtronics website and they are closed for Easter. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much. it was yours and one other review that made my mind up about buying this Item.

Thanks. Mike

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2012, 11:09:37 BST
Bald Paul says:
Hi Mike

To update to ICS you need a few things:
The software to do the flashing called PhoenixUSBPro, there is another piece of software called Livesuit that some people use that is supposed to be a bit easier to use but I used Phoenix.
You need a "Key file" that you point Phoenix to at the start of the process.
You need an "image file" this is the file with ICS in it essentially.
You need the instructions on what to do which are available on the Tabtronics site as Word docs.

Just make sure you download everything first and unzip/unpack it all and be sure you know what's what and where. I had difficulty with my Windows 7 PC recognising my tablet and the drivers that come with Phoenix (that get extracted when you run PhoenixPack.exe right at the start of the process) getting installed. I had to go to Device Manager and find the (unknown) device and manually update the drivers.

The best advice I would give is to look at the "discussions" (particularly the ICS ones) at the bottom of the reviews for the NATPC that is the same tablet as this one. They have all the information and stumbling blocks covered in a variety of large threads. Search Amazon for "NATPC" and the first thing it finds will be the tablet with the same spec as this one scroll towarsd the bottom of the page after the reviews and all discussions are there. Get your reading glasses ready as there's a lot to read ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2012, 16:50:45 BST
Hi Mike

Sorry, only just realised i had a message. If you're still struggling, you can email me on twig.lord@gmail.com and i'll see if i can help.

Thanks