on 11 April 2010
I have been looking for a little box to play all my DVD & Bluray rips for a while as I was getting fed up of having so many discs in my lounge and I can keep the originals safely away from small children and sticky fingers! I have been slowly copying them onto a NAS drive connected to a wired ethernet network. When I first got the Asus O!Play, I updated the firmware to the latest 1.21P version by simply downloading the file to a USB pendrive and inserting it into the USB slot on the O!Play. The firmware updated easily. Set-up was minimal, I set my timezone to GMT and gave the box a static IP on my network and that's it. I can play straight DVD rips as Video-TS folders and Bluray rips as m2ts files. The picture quality is excellent and with a wired network I have had no problems with network speed. The resume playback feature is great if I get disturbed half way through a film and the menu system works quickly.

I have a MythTV box set-up as well and the O!Play finds its uPNP server which gives me all the metadata on recorded programs. I also have my CD's ripped as flac files which play beautifully through my AV receiver. All in all, the perfect product for me and I will be buying a second box soon.
11 Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?