on January 5, 2014
After using and not liking the bundled PS4 headset because of ambient noise issues, poor quality sound and mic sound pickup, I gave this one a go. It's a similar shape (over head) to the tried and tested xbox designs that I've got, with a mic that faces your mouth and mono headphone that doesn't completely shut out the audio from the game. Now £20 is far too expensive in my opinion for what is basically a simple functional piece of kit especially compared to standard xbox ones, but I cannot fault the performance. Looking at the current rating, I am truly puzzled as to how other reviewers only give this headset 1 star. The plastic may have a waxy quality but it's certainly not brittle like some reviewers claim and the voice quality is as clear as you would want. When I asked my friends how I sounded when online from their end they said I sounded much clearer and louder than using the bundled PS4 headset which is also satisfying to know. As for comfort, I've used it for 6 hour sessions of Battlefield with no real discomfort. The band could be a tiny bit better but after a few minutes of play I'd be suprised if you're still aware of it.
I admit it's not high end quality like some headsets on the market however I think that it's built pretty solidly, perfectly functional and after 6 weeks of use is still performing as it should. If it was half that price it would have been even better!
What's this?