on March 11, 2014
I had bought a significantly cheaper ethernet adapter prior to this (which I have also reviewed) which simply would not work, so I ended up having to splash out a little more on this one. Thankfully this one has worked a treat since I managed to get the drivers installed, which brings me to the only issue with this item.

I bought this item, as I suspect most people will, for use with a windows 8 ultrabook which does not have an ethernet port, for when there is no wifi around. It is worth noting at this point that ultrabooks also don't have disc drives, so providing the required drivers to run this ethernet adpater on a disc is most certainly not a good idea. In order to get this adapter to work I had to go to a library with wifi and download the drivers, which wasn't really a problem per se, since I love libraries, but it was a time waster, and a rather annoying diversion just to get the product to work. I guess this is just my fault for getting an ultrabook though.

Anyway, once the drivers were installed the adapter worked a treat, and has continued to work ever since. Wired internet download speeds for me in the centre of Edinburgh through this adapter are at 40mb, so I'm definitely happy with the product and it doesn't seem to slow down the wired internet in any form (as long as it is connected to a USB 3.0 port). Just a quick additional point, I have no idea what the speeds would be like, or whether they would be any different at all through a USB 2.0 port. Just something to bare in mind before purchasing.
What's this?