on 1 October 2012
My brand new iphone 5 needed a case, and whilst I'm not a fan of taking something beautifully engineered and covering it in cheap plastic, I do want to keep it safe. I went for this case as it looked unusual in the pics, and the idea of the plastic absorbing the shock etc and keeping my phone safe inside does appeal. Not the cheapest by any means, but £20 to protect something worth over £500 isn't too shocking.
When it arrived I was initially disappointed! The clear bumper has a bright orange strip running through it, and the bumper it's self is quite 'thick'. The cut away for the switch is fine (though I could see it being a problem if my fingers were somewhat more chunky) but the buttons for the volume and the on off switch on the top are quite hard to press, needing a few extra pounds of pressure more that is normally needed. It just looked a bit garish and excessive surrounding my white iphone 5, certainly not the wafer thin surrounding I have seen on most peoples new iphone's.
I also added the clear back plate that comes with it, as without this on there the bumper felt like it was too large and moved about, with the back plate it does fit rather well.

So I left it on the side and come back to it a touch later. This is when my opinion started to change, and it looked better than when I first put it on. Later still, and after having used the phone for a while, it appeared that it was growing on me, and my initial disappointment was changing. I now rather like my over excessive clear and orange surround, all the while feeling secure that the phone is safe if I drop it (unless it's screen down on a stony pavement of course!). The back plate is a good idea, it keeps that aluminium backing from scratching but it can still be seen. And the buttons aren't really a problem that they are harder to press, at least I won't be changing volume by mistake in my pocket.
So, whilst this is not the most attractive surround for a phone it should protect it from shocks (still untested at this point, and I'm gong to try and keep it that way!) and I can be fairly certain that nobody else is gong to whip out their new device and have the same bumper. At least not at the moment........
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.