on 25 June 2012
And just as the warranty is about to run out, it has stopped working. Warranty 18th Feb, stopped on the 16th.

It's been very dodgy over the last 6 months, but, never expecting a brand new printer to give up the ghost so quickly (my other printers have lasted years), I didn't send it back immediately it started going wrong.

Just contacted the repair company and the printer is still under warranty - however, because I "bought the printer from AMAZON," I have to pay to send it for repair under warranty.

After years of buying from Amazon, I had no idea that items which are still under guarantee don't get a prepaid label to return for warranty repay, just because they were bought from AMAZON.

ADVICE - DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Won't be buying Canon again. Nor will I be buying larger items from AMAZON again.

---------------------

BE AWARE - the printer is a great price, works really well, BUT ink cartridges are one of the biggest rip-offs I have come across recently.
This would make a good investigation for 'Rip-Off Britain'.

This printer is great - works, easy to use, easy to set up, good quality.
BUT I just got a set of replacement ink cartridges, and they cost more than the printer. Each time you refill, you could buy a new printer, which comes with the ink installed!!

If I didn't take into consideration the cost of the ink, this printer would get 4.5 stars.
BUT, as it needs ink to work, the overall cost is phenomenal - unfortunately that brings it down to poor value - so it only gets 2 stars.

As soon as the ink is lowered to even a reasonable price, then I'll up the stars. (Nope, I won't, as it has stopped working completely.)
114 people found this helpful