on 1 July 2009
I'm a great fan of the 'TV Burp' and I love Harry's sarcastic and ironical approach to TV and comedy. The great thing about the show is that you don't have to be an avid fan of Eastenders or Coronation Street to get the jokes, as they're so simple to understand. However, I thought the DVD had a lot to be desired.

For one thing, the DVD's runtime is 136 minutes, however, this includes extras, which are not great, and the main feature of the DVD is 30 minutes-1 hour long, which wasn't the length I was expecting. I like getting as much value out of my purchases as possible by watching it during a car journey or some other boring activity. However, thanks to the runtime, this DVD is only something you can watch once or twice. I know making a boxset of 'TV Burp' would involve violating copyright laws and causing loads of controversy, but they could have made this maybe 2-3 hours long.

Another thing is the content. Although there are some funny bits in it (ear cataracts, etc.), I thought that the bits I found funniest from the past series were absent from the DVD. As well as that, some of the topics featured on the show are now out of date, and are not on TV anymore.

I think 'TV Burp' is one of these shows that should stick with being on TV and are not ready yet for DVD. If you really want 'TV Burp' on DVD, try taping the episodes onto a disc and make your own boxset. I just feel that this DVD does not contain much of the must have scenes that you would expect to find on a 'Best of' DVD.
What's this?