on 6 December 2012
I purchased this book on the basis of the other reviews on here which I found helpful. A colleague of mine sat one of the week long courses to obtain his qualification but as I'm looking to do my CISSP in the next 12 months or so, I wanted to save my money for that course.

The layout of the book is very easy to digest. I purchased the kindle version of this book and whilst there are a few diagrams, they were very easy to read on the kindle. My only criticism of the book is that it soon became labourious to flit between the questions section and the answers.

I sat the exam at the start of the month having purchased the book 3 weeks previous to that. The exam is more common sense than anything else and is multiple choice. The exam is 2 hours long and I used the full time for it including time to go over each and every question in detail to make sure I was happy with what I put down. There were a few areas that weren't covered that well in the book such as cloud computing and service level agreements-to be honest, some of the questions were slightly on the pedantic side and the answers would be dependent on what was stated in the service level agreement. I found some of the questions a bit ambiguous which was very frustrating but that's exams for you!

I got my result today and scored well enough to get a distinction so overall, I'm very happy and the book is more than up to the job-save yourself ££££ by going the self-study route!

The only downside is that we were told in the exam that we'd get our result in about 2 weeks (officially it's 3 weeks). The result didn't come out until just before the 4 week point which normally wouldn't be a concern but I don't see what the hold-up was.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.