Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

14 October 2008
I bought this CD, I loved the music but after one listen I returned it back to the store.

Why?

I simply can not accept nor endorse recordings that hurt my ears. This record is so terribly mastered it physically puts me in pain while listening to it. And it is a shame, as the music itself is superb.

WHY oh why do they master everything so loud these days? Who needs this? We all have the ability to turn the volume knob up and down in our stereo. Why does anybody think it has to be shoved down our throat loud, distorted and compressed beyond recognition, disabling any possible pleasure of the sonic spectrum this music definitely had in the first place? WhY?

Sorry Keane, I like your music a lot and I would support you when possible, but I can not support buying this record the way it's being presented. I can imagine it was not your decision to clip down all the frequency ranges here, but if that's the price of releasing your music through a major, then you had better off stayed independent.
13 people found this helpful