on 20 September 2004
I first heard some of the tracks from this album on a compilation that I picked up because of the promisingly abused looking guitar on the cover (Stevie's strat). At the I was entirely absorbed in Thrash metal. Without the aid of apocalyptical lyrics, devastating drums or terrifying riffs, Stevie Ray Vaughan won me over.
Later on I bought all of his albums, and Texas Flood is probably the strongest. It has some of the best blues playing ever put down on record, and there is everything from slow soulful solos(on the title track)to incerdibly moody playing (on Dirty Pool) to fast paced, up beat boogying (on Rude Mood). The singing is not bad either, one of my friend thinks Stevie Ray Vaughan had the perfect blues voice, and more impressively, the late John Lee Hooker called Texas Flood the best blues album ever. Also, I was reading a readers poll of the greatest guitarists ever in a US magazine recently and Stevie Ray Vaughan was number one, Hendrix came second.
Some of the songs took a while to grow on me (but like I said I was a thrash metal maniac when I first heard them). Now I love them all. I keep going back to this album again and again and if you like blues, or you just like guitars, or you don't really like either but want to listen to something new I suggest you check it out.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details