Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Amity and sorrow was not for me. God, cults, farming.... No thanks. But then Peggy Riley, the author, came to our book club and convinced me to give it a go.

The book follows Amaranth (Amy) who is mother to Amity and Sorrow. They have escaped a cult and this is their story. It goes back in time, to their past and then looks at the present day and how they will cope without the security of their extended family.

Reading some of the other reviews I was expecting this to be uncomfortable reading... If only it was! This was quite possibly the dullest book I've ever read and it really shouldn't have been considering the subject matter. It all felt very flat and rushed. I just couldn't imagine any of it happening.

I also found myself confused at times and not at all sure what was happening. I couldn't warm to any of the characters really but Sorrow was so irritating. I just wanted to give her a slap!

Sadly, I really didn't enjoy this but not for obvious reasons. I really liked Peggy but this fell short of my expectations.
11 Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details