Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 18 June 2013
Not a bad book - full of ideas that sent me out to buy the stuff I needed for three or four recipes immediately. And the recipes are also very easy.

However: I'm not sure who tested the recipes or copy-edited the book, but a soup I tried had nowhere near enough liquid given in the recipe - it was a rather nice stew until I added more; the pork and leek pies - delicious, with yummy pastry - had far too much filling for the amount of pastry, and also would have made significantly more than the 12 muffin-sized pies I made in my one tin, whereas the recipe specified that it made 8; I'm currently making the beef in red wine with Stilton scones, and noticed that there's no salt in the list of ingredients for the beef part; oh, and the soup had no salt and pepper listed in the ingredients, either.

And then there are the many proof-reading errors ...

It's not that I dislike the book - I don't, and I'm using it. But it has the air of a publication put together in a great hurry, and I detest sloppy work like that.
4 people found this helpful