on 23 September 2010
I wanted a machine to transfer tapes I made of my children growing up to DVDs as it would have cost far more getting the job done at a computer shop for the amount of videos I wanted to have dubbed. For this purpose the machine has already paid for itself.

Dubbing is surprisingly simple and once 'finished' (also simple) the resulting DVDs play back very well in other machines. In fact they play back better in other machines than in this one as the dubbed DVD playback on this is too dark to see the images properly although the original VHS playback on the same machine is fine. I haven't tried shop bought DVD movie playback yet so can't comment on that (perhaps I'll add that at a later date once I have).

This is so far the only fault I can find with the machine but since it is an important fault (had I wanted to use this machine for playback) I have given it only four stars. I haven't tried playing with controls to rectify this fault as for my purposes I'm not bothered about DVD playback so perhaps it's a problem that can actually be easily sorted! Again perhaps I'll post an update at a later date once I've had opportunity to try to rectify this.

I have not had it very long so hope it continues to perform at the present standard, in which case I will be quite happy since playback on this machine isn't intended. As things stand I would recommend it as a machine for dubbing!
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?