Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 15 November 2010
First the pros. Very easy to set up and use. Out of the box and scanning in a few minutes.
Now onto the cons.
Since I bought my first digital camera in 2002 I have stored my images on the computer with DVD backup. I wanted to work backwards from 2002 and digitise my holiday and family photos from 35mm negatives. This is why I bought the Veho VFS-008. I was immediately dissappointed with the results - nearly all colour was missing from the scans, the images were overwhelmingly blue. I was unsure whether this was due to the negatives deteriorating so I took them to Boots and had a couple of prints made. These prints were exactly the same as the original prints made over 10 years ago. I e-mailed Veho copies of the scanned negative and the print. They replyed that the unit must be faulty. Amazon replaced the unit, but the results were exactly the same. So regretably had to send the scanner back for a refund. It is just not upto the job.
I also scanned some 50 year old family B&W negatives of various odd sizes (you don't need to use the holder just feed them into the film holder slot)- interesting blasts from the past.
Also had loads of 110 negatives. These scanned an almost exclusively brown colour or a blue colour similar to the 35mm scans.I also found the unit overexposed some negatives. You could actually see the scan pass the optimum exposure before storing an overexposed image.
Finally I tried scanning some slides. Here the results were much better. With strongly coloured slides the scans were were almost acceptable, but with more subtle tones the colour reproduction was poor.
If Veho introduced a scanner with better colour reproduction and perhaps the option of manual exposure I would willing pay twice the price of the Veho VSF-008.
1515 Comments| 382 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.