Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop now Learn more

on 12 October 2012
After reading entry 19, I decided that the first thing I would do after finishing this book is write a long and pointless review for it on Amazon.

I've been unreasonably excited to get my hands on 'The 100 Most Pointless Things in the World' ever since discovering it was being written (thank you, twitter), and now that it has arrived and I've read the entire thing from cover to cover in one sitting, I can gladly inform you that it exceeded all expectations. Xander and Richard, the fabulously charming, intelligent, witty and handsome gentlemen that they are, have really outdone themselves.

They make some surprisingly valid points about many things you've never even thought about, and while I disagree with some of them (*cough* readysaltedcrispsarethebestflavour *cough*) in most cases they really are spot on. And they're very funny too. Each of the 100 things has a short section dedicated to it which has been written up by one of the two men, indicated by whichever of their disembodied faces stares out at you from beside the chapter title. This is a system I failed to recognise until about a third of the way through the book, which is why I'm mentioning it in the review, as a heads-up.

As well as this, there are even some nice quiz questions and pointless facts, and even some cryptic clues for anybody who no longer values their sanity of free time. Luckily there are also answers in the back.

One final note to Mr Osman, just in case he ever chances upon this: Don't act innocent - I've been to a Pointless recording and I had a remarkably good view of your very brightly coloured rainbow socks.
120 people found this helpful