on 18 November 2008
I love this book! I vaguely remember knitting when I was small but like many had forgotten how. The pictures are all really clear and the accompanying text is plainly written, making it all nice and easy to follow. Its also written for an English audience, so no need to translate needle sizes or yarn type from US.

I love the projects in this book, they all look fun to make, the patterns themselves are explained really well (especially all of the abbreviations) and most importantly it all looks really achievable. I hate looking through a so called 'beginners' book and feeling like I would be out of my depth knitting half of what is in it.

The author also encourages creativity which is great, I feel like I've made something I really like rather than just following a very specific pattern which can only be knitted with 'X' yarn.
55 Comments| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?